Driver Code 10
Code 10 Driver
R12,800 - R27,800
18 December 2020
The driver is responsible for providing a safe and reliable bus service and for transporting employees to and from
work. He or she will also perform work related errands as requested, and transport employees to field trip
locations as assigned. He or she will establish an effective rapport with employees and will be responsible to ensure
all passengers on the mini bus follow mandated procedures.
• Matric Graduation Certificate
• Code 10 Driver’s License
• Valid Public Driving Permit
• Able to proficiently read, write and speak English
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Prior experience driving a mini bus, preferably a work mini bus
• An ability to communicate well with employees and staff
• A positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational and time management abilities
• A committed team player with the ability to take initiative
• Transport employees from home to work and from work to home
• Drop employees only at authorized stops
• Perform work related errands
• Obey all traffic laws
• No driver will report to work or drive a mini bus while under the influence of alcohol
• Be at the mini bus 15 minutes before departure from work, or before a field trip
• Be attentive to the traffic and weather conditions, stay on schedule and ensure the safety of passengers.
• Uphold a positive image of the Work by applying good and safe driving habits
• Wear the company issued uniform which identifies the driver as a company employee
• Ensure that the mini bus is in good operating condition by testing the brakes, tires, lights and other
components, complete the pre-trip inspection on a daily basis, and submit it to the Transport Manager
• Ensure that the driver travels with the company issued cellphone, and that the phone is fully charged
• Ensure that the bus is washed twice a week, inside and outside, and sweep the bus and empty the bins
• Notify the Transport Manager in case of mechanical failure or lateness
• Ensure all seatbelts are in working condition before leaving the Work Place
• Ensure that all passengers have their seatbelts fastened before moving the mini bus, and maintain rules of
conduct, and respond to emergencies.
• Keep assigned mini bus in a clean condition and ensure it gets washed twice a week
• Notify the Transport Manager if you are running late
• Notify the Transport Manager if there are any route deviations
• Transport only authorized employees
• Maintain discipline when employees are on the mini bus
• Report undisciplined employees to the Transport Manager
• Keep track of the number of employees on the mini bus, and ensure that all employees are delivered to work and
back to their home safely. The bus should be parked in a safe manner, and no student should cross the
road to board or exit the mini bus.
• No music is permitted to be played while there are employees on the mini bus.
• Drive the mini bus for work fieldtrips
• Work overtime if required
• Report minor and major accidents and complete required reports
• Complete diesel and oil log when filling the mini bus with petrol
• Ensure that his/her PDP and Code 10 driver’s license is valid at all times.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the RSS team.
Ruifield Security Services (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Chris Wessels – HR Manager
Oscar Manana – HR Director
Vusi Mthombeni – HR Supervisor
013 110 2391
Ruifield Security Services